Followers

RSS

Am I what you would have wanted?

Third post of the week - look at me go :) This one was inspired by some lyrics (the ones in italics below) it one of my most recent, but maybe not one of my best.

Am I what you would have wanted?

‘What would you think of me now?
So lucky, so strong, so proud’


Am I what you would have wanted?
Hardworking, successful and now, happy?
I’ve done my best, played to my strengths
And come out as close to ‘on top’ as I can

But what about away from that?
Have I shamed you, disappointed you?
Did you think I was ‘better than that’?
Or are you proud that I stop when it gets too much?

I am happy, he makes me happy.
I am lucky, strong and proud to say he’s with me
Is it what you would have wanted
Do you think...

Or am I shamed.
I lied to stay out of trouble, and will end up doing so again.
I don’t say what I’ve been up to
But I don’t do it just for me
But for him

Is that wrong?

What would you think of me now?
So lucky, so strong, so proud
Or so stupid, so wrong, so not what you knew.


x

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Either I'm crude, or you've been getting up to something you shouldn't have been with your boyfriend...

*Ducks from the hand you just mentally extended to cuff the side of my head with*

haha it's a really good poem =)I liked it a lot and it made me think about me too.

I think you're somebody everyone should be proud of. I'm lucky and proud to have you as a best mate =)
xx

Anonymous said...

Ahh! I love you! You got rid of that stupid word verification thing to comment! Yesss!

Em(ily) said...

*Hits back of head when she sits up again*

You are being crude lol and thanks =]

Post a Comment