Followers

RSS

Staring at the old me in the mirror..

I wrote this after an...eventful day, I'd come home feeling amazing, special, new and then before I went to bed I went through the old routine until I looked and felt unspecial, plain and rather insignificant. It was the old me that came back and stared at me in the mirror that led to this poem...and a few notes I could just about read from my notebook by my pillow the next morning :)

Thick frame, strong wire, and i’m the geek again

Goodnight kiss, I’ll see you soon.
She wonders up the driveway,
Swimming, dazed,
Did she really just do that?
Surprising herself now, that’s new.
A wave goodbye, still sends a message a moment later
Like he did before, her turn now.
Nice time? Yes mum.
Silence, the glare washes over her.
Night.
She washes off the day though still smells of him
Takes care of each tooth, an acquired routine
With something to hold
Stares into the mirror at an unusual angle
Takes her sight away and seals it in a box
Picks up her old sight, her old self, her past look
Looks back to the mirror
Lies down to sleep
Thick frames, strong wire and I’m the geek again.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment